Daily Housekeeping Services are not provided with your rental. If this is a service that you will need, it can be provided at a daily rate of $150.00+tax. Please let us know if you would like to have this service for your entire stay or for specific days during your stay along with your preferred time and the necessary arrangements will be made.
Keys for Vanderbilt Villa/Villa Q will be left inside the house on the side table in the foyer right before your arrival. The residence will be opened prior to your arrival. A representative will stop in to offer welcome greetings shortly after your arrival.
WiFi – Internet
SSID: Soma House
Dishes & Utensils
Bedrooms: 4 (Sleeps: 10)
- Full 3rd Floor Master Suite (1200 sq ft)
- 2 Ground Floor Guest Bedrooms with Ensuites
- 1 Guest Bedroom with Ensuite on Main Floor
- 4 Full Baths
Pack n Plays are available at a daily rate of $10.00+tax. Please let us know in advance if you will be needing one during your stay so one can be reserved for you.
Here is a little about the island and things to do while you are in paradise!
We highly suggest you download Whatsapp to communicate with each other in your party and any locals while on the island. This is how everyone calls or texts while there.
Currency Used on the Island
The official currency used on the island is the Bahamian Dollar (BSD), but the U.S. dollar is also accepted. Many vendors, restaurants, and stores only accept cash. Currently, the nearest ATMs (Scotia Bank / Royal Bank of Canada), are in George Town, about a 5-minute ride from the resort.
Car Rentals & Transportation
Transportation Options to Resort:
As you exit the airport, taxis are lined up waiting to take guests to their various destinations.
Private Car Transfers can be pre-arranged through Exuma Travel & Transportation Ltd. (contact below). Just give your flight details and a vehicle with driver and sign will be waiting for you at the airport.
Exuma Travel & Transportation Ltd.
Phone: (242) 345-0232 or 0234
We recommend renting a car while on the island.
Rental cars are limited and can be hit or miss on the island. We recommend #1 Rent A Car, They have a white or black Tahoe that we suggest if you have several people traveling in your party.
If you decide to not rent a car or need an extra hand to run for groceries, fresh fruit, a liquor store, or a ride to or from a location. Patrick Dorset is a great contact to have 242-464-1411.
Other options are listed below:
- Airport Car Rental – http://www.exumacarrental.com/
- Thompson’s Car Rental – http://exumacars.com/
- Don’s Car Rental – http://exumaonline.com/place/dons-car-rental/
Boat Slip Rentals are available at the February Point Marina.
When booking a villa within February Point rental program, you will receive a 50% discount on your boat slip rental. Just give us your boat details to see if we can accommodate the size and once confirmed, the necessary arrangements will be made.
To do your own water exploring please see boat rental company information below:
- Minns Water Sports (Daily Rentals)
Phone: (242) 336-3483
- Exuma Boat Rentals
Contact: (242) 357-0036
Kayak Rentals: https://www.outislandexplorers.com/kayaking.php
Groceries & Souvenirs
Prime Island Meats is a grocery store downtown. Get some fresh fruit, coffee, eggs, toiletries, and fish from the market. They have the best-smoked bacon (you must ask for it). From the airport it is about 6 miles on your right, in a long blue metal building.
However, if you do not feel like doing grocery shopping on your vacation and would prefer having your villa stocked for your arrival, we work with an independent Concierge Service that provides grocery shopping. If this is the route you would like to take, please let me know and a copy of the grocery list will be forwarded for you to choose the items that you would like in your villa.
Smitty’s Pharmacy & Grocery Store is located about 7 miles after leaving the airport. It is located on the left, just after passing the very large lumber yard (Darville’s Lumber which would be on the right). They are normally open Monday – Saturday (8:00 am – 6:00 pm). On Sundays (8:00am – 11:00am).
Exuma Market Grocery Store is located just 4 mins away from February Point, in the heart of George Town. This store has one of the largest inventories and mixed varieties of fresh fruits, vegetables, and international food brands on the island. Exuma Market is open from Monday – Saturday (8:00am – 6:00pm) and on Sundays (8:00am – 3:00pm).
There is also a straw market for souvenirs and island treasures.
- Our restaurant on-site at February Point (FP), is called the Rusty Anchor, which is open Wednesdays to Sundays for lunch and dinner. Lunch starts at 12:00 noon (please always make reservations for dinner to reserve your table). Feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Friday night Fanny’s Lounge: (242) 336-4811 Takeout food, drinks, and DJ music. A few tables are available to dine outdoor also.
- Chat n Chill over on Stocking Island: Stocking Island is just one mile across Elizabeth Harbor which has 2 different restaurants and miles of beaches on both sides. There is a ferry to take you from the George Town Dock which leaves every hour on the hour. Or, if you call them direct (Captain Elvis 242-464-1558), he can pick you up at the February Point Marina.
- Santana’s (242) 345-4102 (a MUST!) or Tropic Breeze (242) 345-4100: are at the end of Queens Highway in William’s town to the east in Little Exuma. They are wonderful places for lunch.
- Blu on the Water Restaurant & Bar: More than a restaurant…it is an experience! (242)345-5258 Website: https://bahamasblu.com/
- Coco Plum Beach: is also wonderful, you can find sand dollars there; stop by Big D’s for lunch or dinner before or after. This is about 50 minutes to the west, just off Queens Hwy.
- On Little Exuma-25 minutes away
- For Breakfast or Lunch, we recommend Driftwood Café: (242) 801-6531
- Lunch and Dinner- Peace n Plenty restaurant: (242) 336-2551 (Driftwood Cafe is directly across from Peace & Plenty)
Day pass ($15.00) available for their Beach Club on Stocking Island (lunch & drinks available for purchase) The ferry leaves the Peace & Plenty dock every hour between 11-5 pm. The ferry also shuttles to Kahari. Reservations are required for breakfast & dinner (free ferry ride included with dinner).
Your Villa will have two 5-gallon bottles of water for you. Additional water can be purchased for $8.19. You can pay with cash or a credit card.
Babysitting Services / Senior Care Giver
This can be arranged thru “Babysitter Club: which is headed by Exuma’s very own charm of a lady “Ms. Marilyn Musgrove.” Feel free to contact her directly at the following: (242) 551-8065 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your services.
- Khriston Turnquest 242-524-8183-HIGHLY recommend
- Jaquille 242-825-0890 (Sushi and Seafood
- Ulrick Laurore 242-636-9047 (Bahamian/Haitian Food)
- Nicey 242-524-3837 (Bahamian Food)
- Mattia 242-801-6530 (Italian)
Activities By Boat
Antonio Johnson: 242-542-3013 email@example.com
Antonio Johnson is the Best Boat Captain on the island and can hop on your boat or you can book on his.
He can take you to the best fishing spots, and show you around the area by water.
- Chat N Chill
- Peace & Plenty Beach Club (on Stocking Island)
- Visit Lumina Point
- Go swim with the stingrays, sharks, pigs, and turtles.
- Visit sand bars
- Swim in the lazy river
- Snorkel in the beautiful Exuma waters
- Take an all-day excursion to Staniel Key, Iguana Island, Visit where the James Bond movie was filmed, pass by Tim and Faith Hill’s beautiful home.
- For a shorter day you can go to Long Island, Sandy Key, See where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed and visit Cape Santa Maria.
Antonio can also take you deep sea fishing as well!
If you are interested in Excursions on the water, please let the team here know and we can forward a few, Tour contacts with information your way. It is all about the water here…snorkeling, diving, fishing, seeing the swimming pigs or swimming with sharks, exploring islands, etc. There are several tour operators on the island.
Please see a few of them below:
Sun Fun Tours Ltd
Phone: (242) 357-4611
Phone: (242) 524-8093 http://www.sugaradventure.com/
Exuma Water Sports
Phone: (242) 357-0770
Sea View Spa
For Reservations, Visit:
Contact Kenva (242) 455-7175), to book directly with any special bookings or questions that you may have.